Thursday, March 29, 2012

Golden Retriever Uveitis


The Evergreen Golden Retriever Club is again sponsoring an annual screening clinic for Pigmentary Uveitis (also known as Golden Retriever Uveitis) at the Animal Eye Clinic on Roosevelt Way in North Seattle. This year's clinic will be held on Saturday, April 28th. The cost is $22 per dog. Registration is limited and can be made by calling the Animal Eye Clinic at 206-524-8822. Call any day except Wednesday and ask to speak to Leah. Once registered, you'll be asked to send in a check 
and they will send you information and directions to the clinic.

Every Golden Retriever from the age of four years should be checked yearly for this condition. This is a serious condition and is thought to be present in as many as 1/3 of all adult Goldens. If left untreated, the dog may develop Glaucoma, resulting in severe pain and blindness. The prognosis for dogs affected with this condition is guarded. With early detection and treatment, some affected dogs will go years without major complications or loss of vision. But more advanced forms of the condition sometimes fail to respond to therapy and vision cannot be saved. 

Please note that this clinic is for pet and rescue dogs, not breeder's dogs or dogs that normally get eye CERFs done.


4 comments:

  1. Here is the investors contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com.  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. golden retriever molting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. Female Dogs Get Periods

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. golden doodle dogs

    ReplyDelete